Fun things you can do with a union contract that you might not be aware of
- Require all management to attend mandatory workshops on intersectional feminism
- Establish a labour committee staffed by workers which must approve the hiring of all new management positions
- Require that management include worker representation in management meetings
- Require management to set aside and contribute to a fund for professional development, and have your worker-run labour committee choose how to use that fund
- Include part-time workers in the same protections as full time workers
Basically, if you can get them to agree to it, you can do it. Benefits are a huge win, but if you've got a strong enough bargaining unit you can think as big as you like.
(a bunch of these are actual examples from actual contracts, some of these are things we brainstormed for when we eventually sat down at the bargaining table)
The intersectional feminism one is actually in an actually existing union contract, just so everyone knows.
A cool and chill place for cool and chill people.