We talk about excommunication as a barbaric practice from the church's regressive past, and usually it is, because it's an expression of the institutional power of the church. But sometimes, when someone's words or actions are bad enough, we have to say, "we can no longer worship God together," and perhaps, "it is now clear that we do not worship the same God."
Where are the Christian leaders speaking out against fellow Christians spreading fascism and suffering with the Cross as justification?
Has the Pope excommunicated fascist Catholics who are rising to power around the world?
Have any Protestant leaders spoke against the dangerous Fascist Christian movements in the Americas?
Any Orthodox or Eastern Churches speak out against xenophobia in their lands?
This is asked of Muslim leaders all the time, but where are the Christian leaders?
Hi. I am a trans person in 2019. I spent a lot of time and effort helping out with grassroots community organizing alongside wealthier cis people for free, wound up homeless twice, lost housing once to a gentrifying landlord, ate dumpster-dived groceries, got boomers up my ass calling me lazy and a spendthrift when I was saving every penny from my shit gig economy job, then moved into tech because I needed to be in a field that would actually give me money to live.
Does reducing consumption automatically usher in full communism & the end of oppression? No, of course not. But consider:
1. Reducing consumption frees your cash for the revolution and for mutual aid.
2. Every bit of unnecessary consumption is a bit of exploitation that you don't need to be participating in.
3. We should be thinking about alternatives to our consumption in order to begin building alternative systems & dual power. Cooperation outside of the capital-dominated markets is good.
Catholic Church Latin America Synod
Cool shit that just happened
- Voted for married priests
- Voted for women deacons
- Voted to fight with indigenous people to combat the destruction of the Amazon
- Voted that indigenous people who have died doing this are martyrs and need to be given respect
- The document calls on the church in the region “to distance itself from the new colonizing powers by listening to the Amazonian peoples and transparently exercising its prophetic activity” (copied this)
@supernova BTW this is me subtweeting Christian pastors who think that their neutrality is clever and nuanced.
@supernova Otherwise you are not politically engaged.
@supernova Elizabeth Warren: Religious conservatives are free to follow their consciences and participate in heterosexual marriage.
Rod Dreher: Elizabeth Warren is going to force me personally to get gay married!
Rod Dreher's victim complex never fails to be funny.
RT @willowlovestheology: Democrats Vs. Traditional Christians | The American Conservative
socialist anabaptist trans lesbian. She/her.
A cool and chill place for cool and chill people.