@nova I somehow liked Crossplay by Niki Smith. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37482940-crossplay
@nova O Human Star, TJ and Amal, Job Satisfaction, and Never Satisfied are the first to come to mind
i want to replace these with:
1. knowing that whatever i'm feeling will pass, and i will feel differently later
2. a part of myself i can rely on to push me through uncomfortable feelings
3. remembering that the things i'm dealing with will still be there when i come back to them. my emotions aren't going to leave me, i'm not going to forget about them. letting them rest is not a danger to me.
4. recognizing that passing judgement on myself for how i'm dealing with the things that are here for me is not helpful. i need to put down the feelings of failure so that i can focus on what i have to do. once i do that, they will go away on their own as i make positive changes in my life.
5. recognizing that taking care of my physical body makes it possible for me to do everything else i need to do and it should be my top priority at nearly all times.
5 things i want to let go of:
1. needing to feel confident in understanding how my feelings work at all times in order to be ok
2. needing an outside push in order to confront my feelings. hiding in a cloud of anxiety instead of stepping out of it.
3. feeling empty and useless unless i'm dealing with hard emotions. it's ok to take breaks from that.
4. feeling like a failure for spending all my time overwhelmed by emotions
5. not taking care of my physical body even when i know it needs it, because i feel like it's not as urgent as the other things i need to do
there's something really magical about spending a few hours in a workshop and creating a thing
it doesn't really even matter what the thing is, just spending personal time and energy on putting together an object with your hands automatically imbues that object with a certain energy that nothing mass-produced will ever have
A cool and chill place for cool and chill people.